Tofu is a great source for protein and calcium for vegans so having it in your diet is mandatory. Asian Tofu Salad is an amazing healthy recipe for Vegans. It can be consumed in many ways in soup, salad, curry this is an easy salad recipe with lots of vegetables.
Time: 20 minutes
Total calories: 486
Calories per serving: 243
- 14 oz firm tofu (ideally get fresh tofu from the supermarket)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ bunch radishes
- ½ medium cucumber
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 small tin pineapple (small tin = 8 oz = 225g = ¼)
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp sriracha or red chili sauce (or equivalent)
- ½ lime (juiced; lemon also works)
- ½ chili pepper (eg. jalapeño)
- 1 small handful peanuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method of Making Tofu Salad:
- Press out some excess moisture of the tofu block, then cut it into small cubes (about one square centimeter). In a pan heat up some oil at a medium heat and in the tofu goes. Fry for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Next up: wash your vegetables
- Slice the radishes.
- Cut the cucumber lengthwise in half, remove the seeds with a small spoon and cube.
- Cut the pineapple into small chunks as well.
- Throw everything into a bowl along with the spinach and bean sprouts.
Now to the dressing
- Combine olive oil, honey, sriracha or chili sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper and toss it into the salad.
- Get the tofu cubes and place them in a separate bowl. Add them to each salad serving.
- Also for garnish, cut the chili and roughly crush or chop the peanuts. Sprinkle them over the salad when serving.
- Energy:243 kcal
- Carbohydrates:17 g
- Calcium:250 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Iron:3.25 mg
- This salad is a perfect filling meal
- It is rich in protein, calcium, vitamins, and minerals
- It is gluten-free
For more such amazing Healthy Recipes, Download Vedique Diet App.