Tasty Banana Pancakes Recipe that can be made easily without eggs is a perfect filling vegan breakfast option
Servings: 4 pancakes
Time: 20 minutes
Total calories: 572 kcal
Calories per serving: 143
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup soy milk (or your fave non-dairy)
- ⅓ cup wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ripe, medium-sized banana
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or coconut oil work great)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
Method of preparing Banana Pancake recipe at home:
- Put all the items into a bowl and blend them using a hand blender.
- Spray or drizzle oil in a non-stick pan. Heat on low-medium heat (don’t go higher!).
- Pour in a small amount of the batter. The pancakes should be small and thick
- Pop a lid on and let the pancake cook gently. When the side facing you start to bubble, the other side is done. Time to flip.
- Once flipped, let the other side cook too. Have a peek at the underside using the spatula after a minute or so. When it’s nice and brown (but not burnt!)
- Repeat. If you have a large pan then it’s possible to cook two or three small pancakes at the same time. Alternatively, if you’re feeling particularly flash then you can cook with two pans at the same time too. Serve straight away or stack the pancakes on a plate in a warm oven ‘til you’re ready to eat.
- Calcium: 87mg
- Fiber: 5g
- Nutritious recipes loaded with fiber and potassium
- Provides satiety