The term ‘Fat-burning foods & fruits’ implies to foods that produce and give fat loss by stimulating metabolism, reducing appetite, or reducing overall food intake as they provide a feeling of fullness through their fiber content present in that particular food. All healthy foods stimulate and help to enhance metabolism however there are certain types of foods that have a larger impact on the body metabolism and thus they give you weight loss. In this article, we will learn about some fat burning foods which enhance the metabolic rate of the body and help lose weight and also how best to include these foods in your diet.
Here are a few healthy foods & fruits that help you burn fat :
- Nuts: Nuts like walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts can be incorporated into a healthy diet. They are highly nutritious, high in proteins, and good fats both of which are beneficial for offsetting hunger over longer periods. Being rich in proteins the body works hard to digest them which makes metabolism fast.
- Healthy Oils: Coconut oil and olive oil although they contain fat but contain healthy fats that have been found to decrease the levels of fat-storing inflammation and help in weight loss.
- Seeds: Seeds are loaded with Fiber and proteins being low in calories and rich in multiple nutrients such as vitamins, iron, and omega 3 essential fatty acids. Few seeds that can be included in the diet include Pumpkin Seeds, flaxseeds, Quinoa Seeds, chia seeds, and sesame seeds that actually help in burning the fat and provide a feeling of fullness for longer hours of time. Apart from this flax seeds promote healthy digestion and improves insulin resistance and balance hormones in the body, thus promoting good fat loss.
- Fruits: Fruits are Nature’s low caloric readymade snacks packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and many other nutrients. They help in burning fat, improving medical issues, such as constipation, diabetes, hypertension, and heart diseases. Fruits such as grapefruit, plums, apples, berries, apricots, kiwi, melons, banana, and avocados. Many people trying to lose weight avoid bananas due to its high sugar and calorie content whereas bananas are also more nutrient-dense and rich in potassium, magnesium, manganese, fiber, vitamin A, Vitamin B6, vitamin C, and various antioxidants.
- Vegetables: There are some healthy vegetables that have natural belly fat burning abilities and consuming them can help you melt away that fat from your abdomen and achieve your goals naturally. Most of these foods are rich in antioxidants that help boost overall health too. Spinach, mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, pumpkin, carrots, and lentil beans are a few examples of fat-burning vegetables that you can incorporate in your diet.
- Animal Protein: Eggs are an excellent source of protein and can help control appetite thus a very good fat burner, also they are rich in vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients important to health. Fish is another healthy animal protein that helps you to burn fat and contains omega -3 fatty acids. Salmon, sardines are a few healthy types of fish that one can consume.
- Natural Herbs and Juices: Turmeric – An orange root is a powerful fat fighter because it’s more difficult for your body to lose weight when you are fighting off the inflammation, thus adding turmeric to your diet helps to achieve your weight loss goals. Cinnamon is another powerful antioxidant herb that improves metabolism and stabilizes blood sugars and thus curbs the hunger cravings. A pinch of cinnamon powder can be added to smoothies, shakes, and milk with cereals. Apple cider vinegar also is often seen to be added for enhanced fat loss in the diet.
- Ayurvedic Herbal Tea: Green Tea has been seen to boost metabolism, block the creation of new fat cells and speed the release of fat from the cells, basically due to their catechin levels, therefore 2-3 cups of green tea per day are recommended for effective fat loss.
Certain foods can help us burn fat and lose weight, however, it is also important to remember that fat burning foods must be a part of a healthy diet overall. Also, it is important to indulge oneself in any kind of physical activity to burn fat that also helps to boost the metabolic rate of the body.
Don’t forget to check your Prakriti before opting for any diet. Download Vedique Diet App today to check your Prakriti and for free diets: