As we talk about the recent world, people nowadays are getting more conscious about health and trying to make themselves healthy. On the other hand, more of a monotonous and sedentary lifestyle is a major factor leading to several lifestyle disorders in individuals. This includes diabetes, obesity, heart disease, gout, etc.
One of the major complications that occur is hypertension, that defines as a rise in blood pressure as blood forces artery against walls, can lead to several severe problems like atherosclerosis, heart attack, stroke, and many other complications.
The pressure of blood is affected due to the level of sodium in the body, hence it is suggested to take less sodium food and include potassium-rich foods. Potassium helps in reducing the effect of salt in the bloodstream, hence the blood pressure raising effect.
In this article, we will talk about the fruits that need to be included in the diet, when having hypertension.
- Bananas have a good amount of potassium having 358 mg in 100g of them, also regulating the level of adrenaline in the body making the mood happy. It can be consumed in the form of shakes or smoothies, also can be added in pie, cakes, and smoothies.
- Oranges are a citrus fruit that is also rich in potassium content having almost 181 mg in it. This can be eaten whole or in the form of juices and can also be used in cakes and batter for a tangy taste.
- Apricots or The stone fruit, also known as Khubani in Hindi, proves to be a great fruit for hypertensive patients. It has almost 259 mg of potassium content, making it a good choice in prunes to control BP.
- Avocado, the most common and yummiest dressing, has 458 mg of potassium in them, even more than bananas. so, it’s always a good option to opt for guacamole.
- Tomato, that is used as a vegetable, but is a fruit, is an effective anti-oxidant as it has lycopene. Also, has good content of about 237 mg potassium in them. So keep adding in soups, curries, pasta, and salad.
- Guava, one of the most common and not so costly fruits, that is loaded with many nutrients, like vitamin C and potassium. Guavas have 417 mg of potassium in 100g of fruit. This can be used in fruit juices, jellies, cocktails, mocktails and fruit salad
- Kiwi, one more bright and juicy fruit is delicious and tangy in taste. It’s highly rich in potassium with 312mg per 100g of fruit, hence a good choice for reducing blood pressure.
- Pomegranate is pretty red fruit, having lots of health benefits, and possesses 236mg of potassium. It is a healthy fruit that reduces blood pressure, helps in increasing iron content, and also. Seeds of the pomegranate can also be used to give flavor in curries and dishes.
So, include all these colorful fruits in diets along with exercise and a healthy lifestyle, in order to maintain blood pressure and improve symptoms of hypertension.