Why is Weight Loss needed?
While your weight may influence how you feel about yourself and even how others view you, but body image is not the only reason why one should be concerned about his/ her weight
As being overweight can cause a lot more serious health consequences like Type 2 diabetes, High cholesterol, PCOS, Infertility, High blood pressure (Hypertension), Coronary heart disease, Sleep apnea, Breathing problems, Arthritis and even Mental illness such as clinical depression or anxiety.
How Ayurvedic Ways for Weight Loss are more effective:
Ayurveda provides us a simple approach to weight-loss that’s easy to follow, very doable, and incredibly effective. Along with creating a vibrant sense of health and well-being—physically, mentally, and emotionally.
According to Ayurveda, Being overweight is the result of an imbalance of Kapha dosha, which is the water and earth in the body. When the Kapha Dosha exists in excessive quantities, the build-up of toxins, mucus and fluid can cause the body to feel lethargic and heavy.
Ayurvedic ways for weight loss did not focus on short-term gains so you won’t need to starve yourself, or unrealistically limit the variety of foods that you can enjoy. Nor will you quickly lose weight only to gain it back as soon as the diet is over. As it is not only about what you eat, but it is also about when you eat it and how you eat it. It is about eating for the dosha of your body to boost overall wellness and weight loss. Eating in harmony with your Dosha will enable you to do away with unhealthy food cravings, or having untimely meals and will teach you a holistic way to maintain your overall health.
Its fundamentals depend upon-
- Understanding your body type and your prakriti(dosha’s constitution)
- Stimulating your metabolism
- balancing your digestive fire
- Incorporating all six tastes into your diet( sweet sour salty pungent bitter astringent)
- Have your largest meal of the day at lunch
- Avoid leftovers, processed, packaged, canned, junk foods
- Take the next meal only when your previous meal has been digested
- Following some detox diet plans to cleanse your gut
- Having some infused water to maintain hydration and boost immune system
- Tracking your sleep cycle
- Practicing yoga or some form of physical exercise in your daily routine
- Incorporating herbs and kitchen spices into your diet like:
Download Vedique Diet App to purchase Organic Products or to get Ayurvedic Diet Plans.