Hemp seeds, the seeds that are grown in hemp plants (Cannabis Sativa). Hemp seeds for weight loss are very nutritious and are high in healthy fats, minerals, and protein as well. Hemp seeds also have so many health benefits.
Benefits of hemp seeds:
- Loaded with nutrients: They are very nutritious and have a nutty flavor. These are also considered as hemp hearts. Hemp seeds contain about 30% of fat. It is rich in omega-6 and omega-3 essential fatty acids i.e. linoleic acid and alpha-linoleic acid. Besides essential fats, hemp seeds contain about 25% high-quality protein. Seeds contain a good amount of vitamin E and various minerals like magnesium, zinc, sulfur, iron, phosphorus, sodium and potassium etc. Hemp seeds are not only for weight loss but are used as medicine and hemp seeds oil is also used as food from ancient times.
- A great protein source for vegetarians: Hemp seeds provide 25% to 30% calories from proteins. So it is high in proteins. Hemp seeds provide high biological value protein, which means hemp seeds contain all the 9 essential amino acids. Essential amino acids are required from the diet as these cannot be produced in the body. Hemp seeds are rich in arginine and glutamic acid and also contain cysteine and methionine. There are very few plant-based sources of protein which are complete sources of protein i.e. they contain all the essential amino acids.
- Good for the skin: They are a rich source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. They contain an optimal range of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acid ratio i.e. 3:1 ratio. These seeds are rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids. The fatty acids are great for
- heart-friendly and help reduce the risk of heart diseases: Hemps seeds are rich in amino acid arginine. It produces nitric oxide, which is a gas molecule that helps in reducing the blood pressure and so helps in reducing the risk of heart disease. Hemp seeds also help in reducing inflammation, which also helps in reducing heart risk. Hemp seeds help in reducing inflammation, reducing blood pressure, and reducing blood clot formation which helps in reducing the risk of heart attacks.
- Hemp seeds can help in aiding digestion: Hemp seeds (whole hemp seeds) are rich in soluble and insoluble fibre. These contain about 20% soluble and 80% insoluble fibre. Soluble fibre helps in maintaining blood sugar level and cholesterol levels in the body and it is good for gut bacteria. Whereas, insoluble fibre gives bulk to the digestive system and helps in maintaining digestion.
Hemp seeds have numerous health benefits and one of the superfoods which have excellent nutritional content.