Ayurveda is defined as “The Science of Life” in Sanskrit.
Ayurveda explains a healthy-lifestyle system that people in India have used for more than 5,000 years. It is an ancient health care tradition practiced in India. It emphasizes good health and prevention and treatment of diseases through lifestyle practices and modification and the use of herbal remedies.
Ayurveda has a main theory of Prakriti that describes individuality or originality and has a role in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases. It tells us about the unique trait of an individual that is defined by the specific and permanent composition of Dosas at the time of conception.
TYPES OF PRAKRITI:
- Vata Prakriti- This Prakriti people have qualities reflecting the elements of space and air. They have a thin, light frame size, have an irregular appetite and their digestion can be sensitive.
- Pitta Prakriti- This Prakriti people have qualities reflecting the elements of fire and water. They are of medium size and weight and have strong appetites and excellent digestion.
- Kapha Prakriti- This Prakriti people have qualities reflecting the elements of earth and water. They have a strong build and are prone to weight gain and have a slow metabolism. Their appetite is constant and can easily control hunger and thirst.
As per Ayurveda, obesity is related to innate excess in Kapha dosha.
Kapha dosha and being overweight have many similarities like they both are of heavy built, slow and stable that why being overweight can give rise to Kapha in the body and excess of Kapha in the body turns into being overweight. Try Personalized Diet Plans for Natural Weight with Ayurvedic Remedies.
Below Mentioned are few Ayurvedic Tips that can help you to achieve a healthy weight loss:-
- Eat Proper Three Meals Per Day: Consuming three nutritious, healthy, and easily digestible meals per day without snacking in between hit an important balance. It makes sure that the digestive fire is adequately stimulated and actually motivates it to grow stronger.
- Avoid Snacking: It is important to consume three healthy meals in a day and avoid snaking as when we snack in between, our body reaches out to burn sugar as a fuel instead of the fat stored in our body.
- Eat Light Dinners And Eat Before 7 Pm: Having a light dinner (ideally before 7 pm) allows your stomach to empty itself before you go off to sleep and helps in the natural detoxification processes that occur overnight. Include more soups and salads to your dinner meal to be sure about the proper cleansing of the system.
- Hot Water Therapy: One of the easiest ways to get rid of toxins from the body is to keep on sipping on hot water. One should have a few sips of warm water first thing in the morning. You can add some fresh herbs like ginger and lemon to see effective results.
- Physical Activity: For a healthy weight loss it is suggested to do exercise of 30-45 minutes that can include any activity like walking, hiking, running, cycling, yoga, swimming, as well as cardio workouts at the gym.
- Follow a Kapha pacifying diet: Consuming a Kapha pacifying diet can help in getting rid of excess Kapha in the system that can support the body to achieve a healthy weight loss. Eat spicy, bitter, and astringent food, prefer having hot food over cold food and have light food with minimum consumption of butter, oil, and sugar.
- Sleep For 7-8 Hours: Lack of sleep can always become a hurdle in the way of healthy weight loss. So having proper sleep for 7-8 hours gives time to our body to reset for the next day and also helps to maintain healthy levels of cortisol.
You must avoid these mistakes while doing weight loss.
Photo by Magalie De Preux on Unsplash