Stress Buster Pumpkin Ginger Stock can be made with adding Ashwagandha making it even more beneficial. Ashwagandha is an incredibly healthy medicinal herb which can help your body manage stress. It can lower blood sugar levels, reduce cortisol, boost brain function and help fight symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Serving Size: 2
Calories (Per Serving): 153 kCal
- Onions, 1 Medium
- Tomatoes, cored, 1 Medium
- Olive oil, 2 tbsp
- Pumpkin, 2 cups
- Ginger, 1 small
- Garlic Cloves, 2-3
- Bay leaf, 1
- Whole black peppercorns, 6
- Chopped coriander, 1 bunch
- Ashwagandha capsules, 1-2
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Toss onions and tomatoes with olive oil.
- Place pumpkin in a roasting pan and place them in the 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) oven. Stir it every 15 minutes. Cook until all of the pumpkins have browned and the onions start to caramelize, this will take over one hour.
- Put the browned pumpkin, ginger, garlic, cloves, bay leaf, peppercorns and water into a large stockpot. Bring to a full boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook uncovered until liquid is reduced by half and then add ashwagandha capsules in it.
- Pour the broth through a colander, catching the broth in a large bowl or pot and Open 2 Capsules of Ashwagandha and mix it well.
- The liquid caught in the bowl or pot is your pumpkin broth it can be used immediately or stored for later use. Although the vegetables are no longer necessary for your broth they are delicious to eat hot or cold, don’t waste them!